Nothing makes my heart smile more than when people tell me they read my blog. Scratch that. When people tell me they read my blog – expressing that they actually like it – well that just makes me melt. And when fellow bloggers take the time to nominate me for fun awards, I get all kinds of giddy (think Sally Field’s “…you really like me!” Oscar speech).
And this girl’s been nominated for a Liebster Award!
Now I adore doing things like this – it’s so high school chain mail circa 1999 – but normally I would never subject my readers to an ode to, well, myself. However, due to my football-addled brain at the moment, I have little else on my mind and am running low on inspiration. (Speaking of, you should know that I am so excited for the UT/Florida game this Saturday that I am quite literally about to pee my pant. And we all know you’re not cool unless you pee your pants.)
Do you see this? I’m already getting off topic…
Anywho – when Kenzie over at Strong Like My Coffee nominated me for a Liebster Award, I figured it would be the perfect post to let you guys know a little bit more about me (aside from the pants peeing thing).
Here be the rules:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to
4. Choose 11 people to award, telling them in a post.
So without further adieu…
10 things about myself
- I have a picture of a hippo that I painted hanging in my apartment. For almost 3 months he only had one eye.
- I set my apartment on fire 3 years ago trying to make eggplant Parmesan. Like legit fire.
- I’ve never seen any of the Star Wars movies.
- I love Calvin and Hobbes.
- I still wear a retainer at night. If that’s not sexy I don’t know what is.
- I was captain of my high school’s swim team. TROJAN’S FOR LIFE!
- I talk in my sleep
- I still have family over in the motherland (aka Sweden)
- I rescued a Basset Hound from the side of a highway and gave it to my parents. Surprise!
- My actual name is Kate. Not Katherine, not Katrina, simply Kate.
- My favorite Holiday is Memorial Day
Set questions Ms. Kenzie asked:
- How do you like your coffee? I’m such a brat about my coffee. I needs to be freshly ground, preferably flavored, with a small amount of skim or almond milk
- What’s your favorite thing to blog about? FOOD!
- Do you prefer to go out for dinner or cook your own meal? Go out. No dishes.
- What is your favorite Disney movie? The Little Mermaid. Prince Eric was so dreamy when I was like 4.
- Where is the last vacation you took? Virginia Beach to see my BFF and run a half
- Favorite guilty-pleasure TV show? We actually don’t have cable (not because we are trying to make a statment, but because we are too cheap and never really home) but when I go somewhere, Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s is my drug of choice.
- Thoughts on Crocs (the shoes):
- Do you watch or play any sports? UT FOOTBALL! And I the running thing, if you consider that a sport
- Sweet or Savory snacks? Sweet
- Are you a spender or a saver? Per my credit card bill, spender
- Where was the best burger you ever had? Litton’s in Knoxville. It’s the greatest.
My questions for my nominees:
- Where is your favorite vacation destination?
- What is the best book you’ve ever read?
- What is your favorite smell?
- How do you take your steak?
- What is your cocktail of choice?
- Lake or Ocean?
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
- Speaking of…Mimosa or Bloody Mary?
- What is your favorite YouTube Video?
- Spring or Fall?
- What is your best scar story?
Ha! I just had far too much fun doing this…
I nominate: Things My Belly Likes, Urban Running Girl, Domesticated Dilettante, Frugal Feeding, Once in a Mile, I Run Slow, Naked Nature, Mind Body Stomach, Passion and Laughter, Shut Up and Cook, an ETC.