If you read this blog on the regular, you know that much of my free time is spent running in preparation for ‘the big one‘ as I’ve taken to calling it. When I’m not lacing up my Brooks, chances are I’m at the office or sleeping. As a result of my schedule, I rarely arrive home at the end of a long day feeling refreshed and ready to spend another hour and a half in the kitchen creating an original and delicious recipe. Fear not, friends, I am a prepared women.. Don’t get me wrong, we have pizza-nights fairly often and I have been known to make kettle corn for a meal, but I also have a super secret weapon…a book filled with other peoples recipes!
I know, I know… at least attempt to cover your gaped mouth – people are staring.
All of these are recipes are tried and true and ones that I love love love (thanks, Pinterest). Usually if I find something I adore, I print it off, stick it in my little notebook-of-deliciousness, and it is henceforth included in my go-to recipe cycle.
So on this wonderful Friday, I figured if I can’t bestow some original Sassy Swan recipe’s on you, that I would guide you in the direction of some of my favorites from around the web:
- Barefoot Contessa’s Roasted Tomato Basil Soup – Lord this stuff is good. And it goes swimingly with grilled cheese.
- Salmon Burgers – this is by far the best salmon burger recipe I’ve found – and I’ve spent a long time looking.
- Sriracha Cream Sauce – Put this on the above burgers, or pretty much anything. It’s incredibly bad for you…but in all the right ways
- Honey Sauced Chicken – Set it an forget it – then remember it in time to serve it over rice and devour.
- Braised Paprika Chicken – uses pantry “basics” and tastes kind of like heaven, in chicken form.
- Giada De Laurentiis’s Marinara Sauce – Once you go homemade, you’ll never buy jar again. I promise.
- Penne with Butternut squash and Goat Cheese – When the temperature starts to dip, this recipe will be your new best friend.
- Copycat Recipe for Cracker Barrel’s Hash Brown Casserole – I don’t know if this is the real recipe, but its freakin’ delish. If you ever have to bring in a breakfast dish to work, bring this. Then prepared to be promoted. Extra points for bringing it in a cast iron skillet!
- Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes – So fresh and so clean
- Barefoot Contessa’s Chicken Stew with Biscuits – just like my mom used to make…but better (sorry mom)
- Citrus Crusted Tilapia with Blood Orange Salsa – don’t be fooled by it’s fancy appearance, this is easy AND delicious
- Martha Stewart’s Basic Vanilla Buttercream – the end all and be all of buttercream goodness.
What kind of delicious treats are you guys whipping up this weekend??