Happy Friday! Like I could get more than two weeks into Tailgate Friday and not introduce a new cocktail. In fact, it’s a wonder I made it this long…
As it is still hot hot hot in K-town, an icy (and orange) drink seemed perfectly appropriate to sip while watching my Vols beat Oregon. On the flip side, the tequila, cleverly hidden behind a curtain of fresh mango and sweet peach, will hopefully aid in numbing my pain as I watch Tennessee lose their first game (hey, I’m optimistic not delusional).
In all seriousness though, you will have a difficult time reminding yourself that there is a decent amount of booze in this drink as it tastes like a refreshing smoothie. So sip with caution my friends, or you’ll get clobbered by the evil tequila monster.
Ok, Less life advice, more drinking.
Peach Mango Vol-garita
Difficulty: Easy Peasy
Yields: A blenderful. So either a really big glass for you or enough for four friends, you choose.
- 1 can of peach flavored daiquiri Mix (I used Bicardi)
- 1 & 1/2 cup mango chunks (fresh or frozen, but fresh is best!)
- Tequila of choice
- Sugar and lime for garnish
- In a blender, blend the can of daiquiri mix, mango chunks, 1/2-1 cans worth of tequila (depending on how spicy you want it) and two cans of ice until smooth
- Rub the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and dip in sugar
- Pour the mixture, garnish with a lime or mango slice and sip away!